Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 29th?

Clocking into my clinical at the hospital this morning I noticed that the date stamped on my card said February 29th.  When I laughed and attempted to share this funny fact with a tech she shrugged and walked away.  I suppose she's right.  It's still too much like February to actually be March.

My finished project that I'm attempting to publish (I'll call it Daisy Gale because I'm still terrified of theft of any of my ideas) is still waiting for an agent to notice it, love it, and need it published.  Daisy Gale has been polished a thousand times, devoured by others that I trust dearly, and has been demonstrated via query to a handful of agents.  I know the story is not what failed to marvel them, it was me.  Checking over the latest email query I sent out to an agent I was DYING to impress I noticed that in the very first sentence of my short bio I wrote "commited."  Yeah, I should be committed for missing such an obvious mistake.  This was my first typo on a query ever and it could have blown such an awesome opportunity.
That's okay, there are plenty of other jewels in the mountian, now all I need to do is keep digging.

My newest writing project is a werewolf novel that I'm very excited about.  I'm still processing it, not allowing myself to write yet.  I tend to be too hard on myself when writing and if I have to go back and fix a bunch right away I convince myself that the entire thing is junk and quit.  I've stopped pretty good stories with that method.  So I've got all of my very intriguing characters and I've discovered their many depths and attitudes.  I'm most excited about my antagonist.  She's so incredible because she isn't evil or bad at all.  She doesn't hurt any innocent little creatures or laugh bitterly at people with good intentions.  She is only doing what to her seems right, and it involves killing the dark monsters that are werewolves.  She's the antagonist only because the main characters are werewolves who are just trying to live normal lives.  But is she really mistaken about werewolves?  They might be just as awful as she thinks.

My notebook full of ideas is calling me and I must answer. 
Sending more queries for Daisy Gale tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment