Friday, February 25, 2011

Putting Myself Out There

I've been a writer since the fourth grade when my teacher gave me a pen and a stack of construction paper with one simple assigment:  Create your own story.
I had always loved reading and now I had been told that I, too, can invent a world and put it down on paper.
Now I'm an adult and, several practice books later, I am ready to publish my work.  There are several challenges in my way including how impossible it is to catch an agent's attention when you are Ms. Nobody from Nowhere and you have zero connections.
I LOVE my research tools like "Guide to Literary Agents" edited by Chuck Sambuchino and all of the advice I have found online by authors who have made it and are extending their words of wisdom.  I have been officially rejected twice and have recieved no response by four other agents (which is their silent "no").  I'm not even close to feeling down about it, though.  I am still putting myself out there and writing up storms just like I always have done.  My stories are not just good, they are awesome!  I know I am an excellent writer and that I have written stories that will be loved by many.  Now, only if I can convince an agent...

No comments:

Post a Comment